Business Development and Alliance Manager
Enterome is pioneering the gut microbiome field with programs in IBD (clinical) and immuno-oncology (pre-IND) and has several existing partnerships with top-tier life science companies (Takeda, J&J and Bristol-Myers Squibb). The company is in a unique position to successfully trigger a phase 2 study of our oral FimH blocker EB8018 in Crohn’s disease, and a phase 1b study of EO2401, our immuno-oncology candidate. Having an office at the center of life science innovation in Kendall Square (Cambridge, MA), we are looking to recruit a Business Development and Alliance Manager.
Business Development and Alliance management is a cross-functional team working across the whole company, with a particular focus on industrial partnerships and ensuring effective alliance management for our existing collaborations. Additionally, the team focuses on high-impact strategic projects.
- Act as Alliance Manager on our key existing collaborations with Pharma partners: you will serve as the key interface between Enterome and its partners in order to enable both parties to realize the full potential of each alliance.
- Work with new and existing partners to ensure that Enterome and the partner achieve our goals in the alliance.
- Ensure proactive and effective communication and governance. Coordinate across both organizations to meet both the letter and the spirit of the alliance governance provisions.
- Support the Business Development department to identify potential industrial and/or academic partners. Assess new opportunities, drive existing projects and support the Business Development team in structuring and negotiating industrial partnerships.
- Perform robust market and competitive analyses across existing and future therapeutic areas of strategic interest.
This position will report to the Chief Business Officer (based in Cambridge MA).
- Preference for scientific degree (M.S./Engineering, M.D., Ph.D.) or, alternatively an M.B.A or J.D. with a bachelor’s of science degree. B.S. degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in business development, management consulting, investment banking or industry equivalent.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Understanding of valuation analysis.
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing and international environment.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience in business development, management consulting or investment banking.
- Additional experience working at a high growth startup / life science company.
- MBA or advanced degree (PhD.).
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and health insurance.
- A passionate, creative and driven team.
- A fast-paced, international and collaborative work environment.
If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive life science business on the forefront of the burgeoning microbiome industry, I’d encourage you to apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.